I was recently reading John Maxwells book, The 15 Invaluable Laws of growth. One particular subject that struck me the most was a section on fear. We all have different fears. Our fears keep us from being successful at goals that we wish to achieve. Obviously fitness goals are included. According to Maxwell five factors come in to play when it comes to your fears:
1. Fear of failure.
2. Fear of trading security for the unknown.
3. Fear of being overextended financially.
4. Fear of what others will say or think.
5. Fear that success will alienate peers.Which one of the previous effects your fitness goals? We all have fears. In order to see results we must face these fears and have a stone faith in ourselves to overcome them. You have to believe in yourself before anyone else will believe in you. So I want to encourage you to face your fears and go after your goals right now. Don’t put it off until later. Start right now. Face your fitness fears today. Don’t be afraid of failure or whatI what people will think of you in the gym change your thinking. Don’t be scared of what people will say about you. Go to the gym and do it for yourself. Those who really matter will support you. Fitness is tough but the more you make it a habit the less scary it is and the easier it becomes.
Follow Alicia on Twitter
– See more at: http://livingcivil.com/face-your-fitness-fears/#sthash.FFox9IeR.dpuf