NEWLY RELEASED STUDY REVEALS HEALTH BENEFITS OF EMOTIONAL SUPPORT ANIMALS
In a new study done by CertaPet of 298 people from nine different countries, 100% of participants reported that their quality of life had noticeably improved with an ESA (emotional support animal) dog. 95% of participants said they would get another ESA. The other 5% said they would prefer a service dog instead, which is afforded even more protections and accomodations than an ESA.
- 99.29% felt an increased sense of security and activity levels
- 98.93% reported an increased zest for life
- 98.58% reported an increased sense of motivation in everyday life
- 94.4% mentioned less generalized anxiety disorders
- 88.89% experienced a reduction in panic attacks
- 88.89% felt able to resume education, work, or training
- 83.33% felt an improvement in compulsive thoughts
- 77.78% felt an improvement in compulsive acts
This positive news is echoed in another recent study done by PLOS on human-animal relationships during COVID-19 lockdown. They found that having a pet led to smaller decreases in mental health, and smaller increases in loneliness, regardless of the type of animal they had.
Licensed mental health professional, Prairie Conlon LPC, NPC, & Clinical Director of CertaPet, says: "This profound study demonstrates what those in the animal-assisted therapy space have long known: that having a pet can drastically increase your quality of life. ESA's are often frowned upon by society or disregarded as pseudoscience, but this research shows how valuable they actually are."
Emotional support animals are protected in the United States under the Fair Housing Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act - those with ESA's are afforded accommodations during air travel as well as in rental properties. This means someone cannot be denied or charged a fee for having their ESA with them on a domestic flight or when living in an apartment. Please feel free to use the research or infographics with proper citation and link. For more information or to request CertaPet/Prairie for an interview, please contact email@example.com. Thanks! ABOUT CERTAPETCertaPet is the #1 Emotional Support Letter Service, and is 100% compliant with all State and Federal regulations. If qualified, a client goes through a guided process that involves a free screening, a licensed therapist session, and a customer support team dedicated to providing all necessary information. ABOUT PRAIRIE CONLONPrairie is a licensed mental health professional and is considered the world’s leading expert on Emotional Support Animals. She is the Clinical Director of Therapetic and consults for CertaPet, one of the largest telehealth companies in the nation. Prairie has a Master’s Degree in professional counseling and a Postgraduate Degree in Military Behavioral health counseling. She is certified as an equine assisted psychotherapist. Prairie is a certified Accelerated Resolution Therapist and helps train future trauma therapist in this modality. She consults for several nonprofits for veterans and first responder trauma, including The Lone Survivor Foundation and Horses that Heal.