The summer weather is finally winding down, the temperature is dropping and even the best of us can get a little down. The “fall blues” are characterized by mild depression, lack of motivation, and low energy that many people experience during the fall. Luckily, there’s a lot you can do to prevent the overwhelming feeling of fatigue and solutions to get yourself back to normal!
Dr. Christopher Calapai, D.O., an Osteopathic Physician board certified in family medicine, anti-aging medicine and chelation therapy explains, lack of sunlight, diet change and a decrease in exercise are the main reasons people fall victim to this phenomenon.
Here are a few basic recommendations from Dr. Calapai that are easy to implement into one’s daily life to beat the blues:
- Get sunlight: Due to shorter days and less sunlight, you may begin to lack vitamin D, which increases melatonin and fatigue. Sunlight is one of the best sources of vitamin D, so get it as much as possible.
- Take your vitamins: Multivitamins are always a great substitution for nutrients you may be lacking.
- Exercise: Contrary to popular belief, exercise actually gives you energy. Maintaining a weekly workout regimen is a great way to feel better and reap the benefits that come with staying active.
- Vegetable juicing: This can replace heavier meals people tend to gravitate to, during the cooler months.
- Don’t forget protein: Fish, turkey and chicken are great sources of protein, which build up your body’s organs such as the brain, heart, liver, kidney, skin and muscles.
- Drink fluids: Staying hydrated is one of the easiest ways to stay alert and energized.
” src=”cid:image002.png@01D33DD4.02469EA0″ alt=”xxpublicxx:* * Current:>Social Life 2015:Sonja Morgan September_2015:JPG Sonja Morgan:DSC_3543-look004-C-Sonia-Morgan-NYC_©2015-VITAL-AGIBALOW.JPG” align=”left” hspace=”12″ class=”Apple-web-attachment Singleton”>
Dr. Christopher Calapai D.O.
Anti-Aging Physician and “The Stem Cell Guru”
Dr. Christopher Calapai, D.O. is an Osteopathic Physician board certified in family medicine, and anti-aging medicine. Proclaimed as the “The Stem Cell Guru” by the New York Daily News, Dr. Calapai is a leader in the field of stem cell therapy in the U.S.
His stem cell treatments have achieved remarkable results in clinical trials on patients with conditions as varied as Alzheimer’s, arthritis, erectile dysfunction, frailty syndrome, heart, kidney and liver failure, lupus, MS and Parkinson’s.
Dr. Calapai started his practice in New York City in 1986 and for over 25 years he has hosted nationally syndicated radio shows, including his two weekly call-in shows on WABC 770-AM, where he offers health and medical advice. He has a show on Saturday morning 8-9am and Sunday evening from 6-7pm. He has consulted with numerous high-profile individuals including Mike Tyson, Mickey Rourke, Steven Seagal, and Fox series Gotham’s, Donal Logue and worked as a medical consultant for the New York Rangers hockey team as well as various modeling agencies.
Dr. Calapai received his medical degree from New York College of Osteopathic Medicine and he consults in Manhattan with practices on Long Island, in East Meadow and Plainview. He has appeared on News12 and in the pages of 25A Magazine and Social Life Magazine.