Pantone recently announced Ultra-Violet, as the 2018 Color of the Year. Serving as the hue of some of our favorite superfoods, Dr. Christopher Calapai, D.O., a New York City Osteopathic Physician board certified, has compiled a list of the impressive benefits these cosmic colored foods have to offer and why you should incorporate them into their diet.
- Blackberries are loaded with vitamin C, as well as vitamins A, E, K, and B vitamins, antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin, which sift free radicals and reactive oxygen species.
- Blueberries are a top superfood of the fruit world, containing iron, phosphorous, calcium, magnesium, manganese, zinc, and vitamin K, which help and maintain bone health.
- Red cabbage contains disease-fighting properties known as polyphenols, which offer antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer benefits. It also is a great source of dietary fiber and a rich source of several vitamins.
- Lavender Oil created from the lavender herb, has been proven to assist with getting rid of bloating and calming itching.
- Plums are rich in fiber and help to ease digestion, as well as great source of vitamin A.
- Açaí Berries are loaded with antioxidants, as well as being rich in fiber, protein, carbohydrates, vitamins A, B, C and E, mineral salts (calcium, iron, phosphorus and potassium) amongst others.
- Figs are rich in natural health benefiting phytonutrients, antioxidants and vitamins. Dried figs are a great concentrated source of minerals and vitamins.
About the doctor:
Dr. Christopher Calapai, D.O. is an Osteopathic Physician board certified in family medicine, and anti-aging medicine. Proclaimed the “The Stem Cell Guru” by the New York Daily News, Dr. Calapai is a leader in the field of stem cell therapy in the U.S. His stem cell treatments have achieved remarkable results in clinical trials on patients with conditions as varied as Alzheimer’s, arthritis, erectile dysfunction, frailty syndrome, heart, kidney and liver failure, lupus, MS and Parkinson’s. He has worked with Mike Tyson, Mickey Rourke, Steven Seagal, and Gotham’s, Donal Logue; and as a medical consultant for the New York Rangers. Connect with him via twitter @drcalapai or at www.drcal.net