6 Holistic Practices to Help You Stay Well
“Your immune system is designed to defend your body against all kinds of disease and illness,” says Dr. Brad, author of the best-selling book “The Emotion Code.” “If you want your immune system to be in top form, try taking a look at your holistic health practices.” For instance….
- Eat Healthy — Include plenty of fruits and vegetables. The antioxidants they contain can help combat free radicals (chemical byproducts that may damage your DNA and suppress your immune system); they also contain omega-3 fatty acids that may increase your body’s ability to produce immune-regulating compounds. And don’t forget to drink lots of water. Water helps your cells eliminate waste and work more efficiently.
- Be Active — Regular, moderate exercise has been shown to mobilize the cells of your immune system and even protect it from the effects of getting older.
- Reduce Stress — Reducing prolonged stress may be very important to keeping your immune system up. Use relaxation techniques, meditation, and energy healing tools like The Emotion Code™ and The Body Code™ to reduce your stress levels.
- Get Plenty of Sleep — Getting 8 hours of sleep each night can help regulate your immune function. In fact, in a study of over 22,000 people, those who slept less than 6 hours per night or had sleep disorders were more likely to get colds and other respiratory illnesses.
- Herbs & Supplements — Many believe that herbs such as echinacea, elderberry and andrographis may help reduce the severity and duration of illnesses like flu or the common cold. Read about these herbs, and if you think they’re for you, try taking them at the first sign of symptoms.
- Release Emotional Baggage — According to Dr. Brad, past emotional events often leave us with “trapped emotions, which are literally leftover emotional energy. Research is beginning to show that this kind of emotional baggage may lead to physical, mental, and emotional symptoms, and can interfere with the normal function of your immune system. A simple method of energy healing like The Emotion Code is designed to help you to find and release your baggage quickly and easily.
“Holistic health looks at your body as a complex system with physical, emotional, and spiritual components,” Dr. Brad says. “Your immune system is a system in and of itself — like a huge orchestra where every instrument needs to perform well in order for the whole group to work properly together. Boosting your immune system from a whole-body, holistic point of view might be the best way to enable top performance.”
About Dr. Bradley Nelson: Veteran holistic physician Dr. Bradley Nelson (D.C., ret) is one of the world’s foremost experts on natural methods of achieving wellness. He has trained thousands of certified practitioners worldwide to help people overcome physical and emotional discomfort by releasing their emotional baggage. His best-selling book "The Emotion Code" provides step-by-step instructions for working with the body's energy healing power. A newly revised and expanded edition of "The Emotion Code" is now available from St. Martin's Press. For more information and a free Emotion Code Starter Kit, visit www.emotioncodegift.com.