8 Steps to Reverse Your PCOS:
A Proven Program to Reset Your Hormones, Repair Your Metabolism and Restore Your Fertility
by Dr. Fiona McCulloch N.D.
For years, an estimated 116 million women have been affected by an unidentified disorder that affects weight, fertility, female hormones, hair, skin and has risk for chronic disease—and most women don’t even know they have it. Answers and treatments are finally available.
The upcoming new book by veteran naturopathic doctor Fiona McCulloch, 8 Steps to Reverse Your PCOS: A Proven Program to Reset Your Hormones, Repair Your Metabolism and Restore Your Fertility (Greenleaf Book Group, September 20, 2016), dives deep into the science underlying the mysteries of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) offering the newest research and discoveries on the disorder and a detailed array of treatment options.
“8 Steps to Reverse Your PCOS is an encyclopedic-style book that has vast implications for PCOS, diabetes and weight loss, and it is the first book that introduces the idea of insulin counting,” says Dr. McCulloch. “Insulin counting involves the measurement of how much a portion of any given food we eat raises blood insulin levels which can, if implemented, change the life of about one out of every ten women in the world—the percentage who suffer in silence from PCOS.”
In her book, Dr. McCulloch also introduces the key health factors that must be addressed to reverse PCOS. Through quizzes, symptoms checklists, and lab tests, Dr. McCulloch gives readers the tools they need to self-identify which of the factors are present in their bodies and what they can do to treat them. Readers will be empowered to be the heroines of their own health stories with the help of this unique, step-by-step natural medicine system to heal their PCOS, and since PCOS is linked with specific genes, helping their daughters with their reproductive and overall hormonal health. Further, women will learn about the tests, which are important to understand when speaking with doctors. Medical professionals, who understand that conventional medical treatments for PCOS are not very effective overall and who are increasingly seeking reliable, scientifically-backed source materials from naturopathic doctors, will find this to be an up-to-date new source for materials written for practitioners.
8 Steps to Reverse Your PCOS also includes the following topics:
- Bisphenol A (BPA) may induce PCOS after a single exposure for two generations onward
- Insulin resistance is a key component of PCOS, and insulin counting may help women reverse their PCOS
- One in ten women suffer from PCOS which is related to risks for weight gain, slow metabolism and diabetes and 50% of those don’t know they have it
- 70% of women with PCOS are considered to be insulin resistant or heavy
- PCOS also causes distressing cosmetic symptoms including hair growth on the face, hair loss from the head and acne which can result in low self-esteem, depression and anxiety
- Environmental toxins and genetics have been linked to causing PCOS
- Women with PCOS have a different reproductive cycle and often hit their reproductive peak later impacting family planning
- Insulin counting has a wide range of implications for PCOS, diabetes and weight loss
- Evidence-based natural medicine and supplements impact autoimmune conditions and thyroid conditions
Fiona McCulloch, N.D., founder and owner of White Lotus Integrated Medicine, is a naturopath practitioner having worked with thousands of people seeking better health over the past fifteen years. She is a data-junkie who specializes in evidence-based therapies for PCOS, thyroid health, autoimmunity, weight management and infertility among other unique conditions that can all benefit from a system reboot.
Dr. McCulloch is also a medical advisor for IVF.ca: Canada’s premier fertility community and is on the medical advisory committee for the PCOS Awareness Association. As a woman with PCOS herself, she is dedicated to increasing both awareness and research of this important condition that has far reaching effects on the lives of so many women. When she was a young girl, Dr. McCulloch would spend hours “compounding” mixtures made from plants and trees in the woods near her house. Today, Dr. McCulloch is a graduate of the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (2001) and the University of Guelph (biological science). She is married and the mother of three boys. She can be reached on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Dr. McCulloch’s new book, 8 Steps to Reverse Your PCOS, will be available on September 21, 2016 on Amazon and all fine booksellers.