Surprising Natural Remedies to Improve Fertility from A Veteran Toronto Naturopathic Doctor
Dr. Jodie Peacock, N.D. has helped hundreds of Canadian couples improve their fertility through natural therapies and nutrition counselling
March 29, 2018 – An estimated one in six Canadian couples have fertility concerns, and of those, one in three are due to male factors – all of which can be improved by natural remedies according to Toronto doctor, Dr. Jodie Peacock, N.D. These include lifestyle changes like putting your phone away before bed, nutritional changes like adding vitamin E and C, or eliminating alcohol and marijuana from social settings.
“With so many couples facing fertility concerns, they need to know they can take back control of their fertility and family expansion,” says Dr. Jodie Peacock, N.D., Toronto naturopathic doctor and creator of the upcoming Canadian Fertility Show. “Couples can optimize their own fertility naturally or medically, or explore alternatives, like surrogacy or adoption – all of which are available at the Canadian Fertility Show. In my practice, my patients optimize their fertility through scientifically-backed lifestyle and nutritional changes.”
Natural Remedies to Improve Female Fertility:
- Add the avocado: Foods high in vitamin e, such as avocado, Take a daily vitamin E supplement. Not only is vitamin E great for skin, it has also been associated with the quality of eggs, which has been shown to improve time to pregnancy rates for couples with fertility concerns.
- Put the phone down – blue light is the enemy: Melatonin works as reproductive antioxidant and regulates circadian rhythm. However, its production is another item that decreases with age. To improve natural ways of melatonin secretion, minimize blue light, ensure a consistent bedtime and wake time, and a completely dark space for sleeping.
- Exercise (but not too much): Exercise elevates mood, increases blood flow to reproductive organs, and improves sexual function. However, too much exercise (more than just 5 hours per week) has been linked to decreased probability of pregnancy. Aim for 50-70% of your max heartrate for 30 minutes 5-7 times per week.
Natural Remedies to Improve Male Fertility:
- Learn to love strawberries and pineapple: foods high in vitamin C have been shown to significantly improve sperm quality. When combined with other powerful antioxidants, studies have shown the effect to be magnified. Supplement your vitamin C fruits with antioxidants like COQ10 and vitamin E.
- Add nuts, grass-fed beef, and halibut to the diet: Selenium with vitamin E has been shown to significantly increase motility and overall sperm quality. These foods are high in selenium and when combined with vitamin E, it increases absorption of the nutrients
- Put the cocktail down and keep it down: Alcohol is a significant reproductive toxin. In as little as four drinks per week, studies have shown it could decrease chances of conceiving by as much as 21%.
- Stay far, far away from marijuana: Recent studies have shown that in as little as one use per week, fertility could decrease by as much as 29%. Just because it’s considered legal by some governments, or as a “natural remedy” by some activists, it is still a major reproductive toxin.
Dr. Jodie Peacock, N.D. will keynote at the first ever Canadian Fertility Show, Saturday April 14, 2018 at the International Centre in Mississauga. As part of her keynote, she will discuss the best ways to optimize fertility through natural remedies and lifestyle changes, as backed by her hundreds of successfully pregnant clients at her Oakville practice, The Root of Health.