Take on the city with adidas PureBOOST DPR, engineered to deliver a raw, real and adaptive street running experience
Signature BOOST technology with a new 8mm head-to-toe offset stores and unleashes energy more effectively
HERZOGENAURACH, GERMANY — Today adidas revealed its latest addition to the PureBOOST franchise that launched earlier this year. The new PureBOOST DPR is an innovation engineered to take runners closer to the city streets. The shoe is made for those whose unafraid attitude makes no urban environment unconquerable. The new agile and adaptive design features the latest application of adidas’ industry leading BOOST technology, with a new 8mm heel-to-toe offset, that stores and unleashes energy more effectively every time it hits the ground, enabling runners to truly ‘feel’ the streets.
When developing PureBOOST DPR, adidas looked at the needs of the urban runner and designed a shoe that is as dynamic and adaptable as they are. PureBOOST DPR was created to support runners dodging traffic, racing street lights and weaving through pedestrians, working with the unpredictable surroundings and harnessing its energy.
“All over the world, runners are exploring cities and expressing their own creativity in the routes they choose and the challenges they take on." said Stephan Schneider, Product Manager at adidas Global Running. "We wanted to build something purely designed for this type of runner, and loved the idea of creating a more adaptive running experience. This led us to design an 8mm heel-to-offset, that when paired with signature BOOST technology allows the feet to sit lower, deeper, and much closer to the streets.”
The shoe’s key features include:
- One-piece engineered circular knit upper - Aramis-tested for a seamless and adaptive fit, wrapping the foot from the inside of the midfoot around to the outside. Providing comfort no matter the route or obstacle.
- Heel fit counter system - designed to enhance the support of the foot and the Achilles, while allowing the foot to move effortlessly with the shoe.
- Wider forefoot - providing a more stable platform that tailors itself in the pivotal moments of transition when running over various urban surfaces and around corners.
- Stretchweb outsole - enabling a smoother and more flexible ride, working in harmony with BOOST to unleash a runner’s full potential.
- BOOST - ultra-responsive comfort and cushioning that stores and returns energy every time the foot hits the ground.
The adidas PureBOOST DPR will be available late May 2017 at adidas.ca/PureBOOST.