canfitpro 2020 Virtual Series caters to fitness professionals and fans with sessions led by world-leading fitness, wellness and mental health experts
TORONTO, ON, July 29, 2020 -- During the pandemic lockdown, more Canadians realized the therapeutic benefits of exercise – reduced stress, improved sleep, weight loss, more energy. Many report that fitness has improved their mental health and contributed to a sense of connection, routine, accomplishment and perspective.
The increased popularity of fitness is one positive outcome of the recent health crisis. Participation in online fitness classes is strong. People are returning to the gym. Canadians are embracing physical activity to help them cope after months of staying home.
Fitness fans across Canada can join fitness professionals to learn online from world-class fitness experts, leaders, pioneers and innovators from around the globe as part of canfitpro’s 2020 Virtual Series.
Well-known presenters include:
- Dr. Jonathon Fowles, director of Acadia University’s Centre of Lifestyle Studies and chair of the National Advisory Council for Exercise is Medicine Canada. Dr. Fowles will talk more about Canadians’ and their exercise habits.
- Silken Laumann, former Olympian and founder of Unsinkable. Laumann will speak about building resilience and courage in a changing world
- Ashley Callingbull, the first Canadian, and the first Indigenous woman in Canada to win the Mrs. Universe title. As a survivor of childhood poverty and abuse, Ashley will speak about overcoming obstacles and turning our life in a positive direction.
- Dr. Rumeet Billan, award-winning, internationally recognized entrepreneur, learning architect, and humanitarian. She has led ground-breaking research and will be speaking about her findings related to mental resilience and workplace happiness in the context of COVID-19.
- Emma Barry, global fitness authority who advises to the fastest-growing segments in the sector: boutique studios, budget clubs, digital workouts and fit-tech start-ups. Barry can speak about how small boutique gyms can stabilize and survive the pandemic.
- Lawrence Biscontini, developer of Brain Bootcamp a workout focused on movement of muscles, mouth and mind simultaneously to promote neurogenesis.
- Sadie Nardini, renowned ultimate wellness and yoga expert, creator of Yoga Shred Cardio and Anatomy Fitness Flow.
- Luka and Jenalyn, World of Dance contestants. This well-known ballroom dancing pair have competed head to head against the very best in the world in multiple genres and styles of dance. They will share their fitness journey to prep for World of Dance.
- Beto Perez, creator of popular salsa-inspired group fitness program Zumba
These presenters, along with canfitpro chief operating office Mo Hagan, are available for interviews and fitness demos (via videoconference) leading up to the Virtual Series on August 14, 2020.
The canfitpro 2020 Virtual Series of online training events will take place over two days August 14 and 15, with subsequent one-day online training events September 19, October 17 and November 14, 2020.
Anyone can register for the series at www.canfitpro.com/convention-2020
To arrange an interview or for more information, please contact:
Holly Dunn, Dunn & Associates Communications and Public Affairs
902-266-3866 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About the canfitpro 2020 Virtual Series
The virtual series will offer 15 educational tracks with 135 sessions in areas of specialization including business management success, boutique fitness, Women Who Influence, moving your business online, group fitness, personal training, strength training, recovery, mind & body, coaching, wellness and nutrition. In addition, a portion of the proceeds from this virtual Series will be donated to Unsinkable to support mental health awareness.
canfitpro is the largest provider of education in the Canadian fitness industry. Founded in 1993, canfitpro delivers accessible, quality education, certifications, conferences, trade shows, and membership services. canfitpro's over 100,000 members include some of the world's finest fitness professionals, health club operators, industry suppliers, and fitness consumers. www.canfitpro.com