Health change guru Marissa Costonis, Certified Health Coach, has developed the “5 Bites to Health” methodology, which is detailed in her new book, Change Bites, 5 Change Management Strategies to Transform Your Health. In just this first week, Change Bites reached #10 on Amazon Best Sellers in Business and Health! I’m happy to discuss review opportunities as well.
The “5 Bites to Health” process can be applied no matter how healthy someone eats today and regardless of how big or small a change. Here’s a summary:
- Begin with the end in mind: Be clear on your vision of “perfect” health, why it’s important and what you will do with it once you have achieved it. Assessing your sense of urgency by asking, “why change now?” and focusing on the end result will keep you motivated throughout your transformation.
- Go slow to go fast: While a few big changes may be helpful in the short-term to jump start your eating habits and health, improving each meal one bite at a time creates sustainable change that will last a lifetime.
- Focus on the foods you can eat, not the ones you need to give up. Identify your “personal best foods” and all the ways to prepare them. Then, begin to incorporate these foods into a variety of meals and expand your palette from there.
- Create food flexibility. For example, creating a set of ten simple recipe techniques that incorporate a variety of your personal best veggies gives you the skills and flexibility to make 100 different meals depending on what you have on-hand.
- Celebrate your successes and look for other ways to use the process over and over to continue making positive changes to your diet and other areas of your life for a true health transformation. This change process can also be used to support a transition to non-toxic beauty and cleaning supplies or pesticides. It can even help in switching up workout routines!
ABOUT CHANGE BITES
Change Bites is the only book that provides readers with a step-by-step guide for how to change eating habits and health regardless of eating style, including vegan, paleo, gluten-free, and keto diets. This process exposes the pitfalls and challenges of a food change no matter how big or small. This unique methodology is the only one to implement proven change management best practices and tools used successfully with Fortune 500 organizations—which Costonis draws upon from her decade of experience leading global large-scale transformation projects for a management consulting practice.
ABOUT MARISSA COSTONIS
Marissa Costonis is the health change guru. She is owner of Change Bites, LLC and a Certified Health Coach by Institute for Integrative Nutrition who helps people make easy changes in their eating habits one bite at a time, whether food is the culprit or the cure. She spent over a decade in change management consulting leading a variety of change initiatives around the world. When she developed neuropathy and several health problems began to pile up, Costonis was forced to completely change her diet. Overwhelmed and confused, she began to apply all the leading change models and frameworks to simplify her own health transformation with great success. The “5 Bites to Health” process was born. Today Costonis conducts individual and group coaching programs, workshops and enjoys guest-speaking engagements to share her unique approach and support others in their journey to health.