It is all too common to suffer skin damage from soaking up too much summer sun. Unfortunately, too much time in the sun can lead to UV-induced sun spots, acne, lines and wrinkles!
Board-certified cosmetic dermatologist Dr. Kenneth Mark is sharing his tips for repairing summer skin damage so you can look and feel your best come the fall:
- Identify the Damage: The sun can wreak havoc on your skin leading to sun spots, blotchy pigmentation, fine lines, wrinkles as well as clogged pores. All of these things can lead to a dull, less toned, and less radiant complexion making it imperative to isolate the problem.
- Begin with a Fresh Face: Cleansing your face helps to prepare the canvas, making it easier to penetrate beneficiary anti-aging ingredients. Dr. Mark recommends his one step process All-In-One Cleanser, which effectively and safely cleanses and tightens, leaving the skin feeling refreshed.
- Use Exfoliants: Exfoliants help unclog pores, smooth the skin, fade blemishes, and send signals to the dermis to produce collagen. Dr. Mark’s Moisture Cure and Exfoliating and Hydrating Mask contain natural and plant-sourced alpha hydroxyl acids that assist with this process.
- Incorporate Antioxidants into your Regimen: Antioxidants produce new collagen and sift free radicals. Dr. Mark’sAntioxidant Boost contains Astaxanthin – “nature’s most potent antioxidant,” which is up to 1000-times stronger than Vitamin C, Green Tea, and Vitamin E, helping to firm sun damage caused by the sun.
- Protect Your Eyes: One of the most delicate areas of the skin for damage is the eye area. The sun, wind and squinting can cause wrinkles and irritation. Dr. Mark’s Tighten and Lighten Eye Cream has a unique combination of key ingredients that not only treats the contour of the eye, it also safely lifts the fold of the upper eyelid.
Additionally, Dr. Mark says to keep an eye out for key ingredients like Shea butter, acai oil and Argan oil, which can help restore rejuvenate the outer layers of your skin.
Please let me know if you’re interested in featuring Dr. Mark’s tips editorially. Additionally, Dr. Mark is available to comment on any stories you may be working on where his medical expertise is a fit.
I’ve included Dr. Mark’s full bio below. I can also send you hi-res images of any of his products mentioned for editorial inclusion. Looking forward to hearing back!
ABOUT DR. KENNETH MARK:
Dr. Kenneth Mark is a board-certified cosmetic dermatologist and Mohs’ skin cancer surgeon practicing in New York City, the Hamptons, and Aspen. Dr. Mark, offering a wide range of services to his patients. He is a nationally recognized injectables expert, specializing in BOTOX® Cosmetic and fillers such as JUVÉDERM® and VOLUMA®.
Dr. Mark recently launched his eponymous skincare line, made up of five technologically advanced, cutting edge anti-aging products: All-in-One Cleanser, Antioxidant Boost, Exfoliating & Hydrating Mask, Moisture Cure and Tighten & Lighten Eye Cream. Unique to this brand is his proprietary ingredient ASTA-ZOME™ (encapsulated Astaxanthin), which is a carotenoid up to 1,000 times as potent as Vitamin C.
To learn more about the products or to purchase, go to http://kennethmarkmd.com/.
Dr. Mark graduated from Cornell and completed his residency at the NYU Department of Dermatology, where he is also a Clinical Assistant Professor. He has twice been voted one of the “Best Doctors” in America by his peers, one of the most prestigious clinical honors a physician can receive and represents the top 5% of doctors.
Additionally, Dr. Mark spent two years of training after his dermatology residency to become an expert in Mohs’ skin cancer surgery - a minimally invasive treatment for skin cancer that minimizes scarring and has the highest cure rate.
Dr. Mark prides himself on taking the knowledge of anatomy and precision he learned from his skin cancer and plastic reconstruction training and applying it to the cosmetic procedures he performs.