Ontario’s Russell Alexander Law Firm Expands as
Coronavirus Divorces Loom
Collaborative family law firm adds five lawyers in Concord
LINDSAY, Ontario— Russell Alexander Collaborative Family Lawyers announced that it is expanding, hiring five more lawyers to work in a new location in Concord, as divorce rates spike due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The Lindsay-based firm has hired:
• Alex De Melo, a University of Ottawa law graduate who has worked as a legal counsel at Legal Aid Ontario, the Peel Children’s Aid Society and the Children’s Aid Society;
• Bill Rogers, a Queen’s University law graduate and longtime family law attorney who won a major victory in the Ontario Court of Appeal in 2014;
• Rick Peticca, a York University law graduate who has argued at all levels of court in Ontario, including the Supreme Court of Canada, in his 13 years practicing family law;
• Margie Primero-Pimental, a McGill University law graduate who has worked at several family law firms in Ontario as well as her own firm since joining the Ontario Bar in 2002; and
• Brittany Whalen, a University of Ottawa law graduate who previously practiced family law in Newfoundland and Labrador.
“These experienced family lawyers will help provide our clients with a high level of service at a time of great need in Ontario,” said founder Russell Alexander. “The coronavirus pandemic has exacerbated the stresses on many families even as it has slowed court proceedings, adding to a pent-up demand for help.”
The Alexander law firm is particularly well-positioned to help during the current spike in divorces, as it emphasizes a collaborative approach that helps avoid backed-up courtrooms as couples work out appropriate arrangements with the help of experienced mediators.
“At a time when families are already strained, a collaborative approach toward conflict resolution can help reduce the tension dramatically,” added Alexander. “Our new lawyers are skilled in just this type of mediation.”
RussellAlexander Collaborative Family Lawyers
Russell Alexander Collaborative Family Lawyers is committed to practicing exclusively in the area of family law in Ontario dealing with all aspects, including separation and divorce, child custody and access, spousal support, child support, and division of family property. A team of lawyers provide guidance from start to finish, helping clients identify and understand the legal issues as well as the options and opportunities available through the transition. The firm has offices in Lindsay, Whitby, Oshawa, Markham, Peterborough, Concord, and Toronto, Ontario.
For more information, visit: http://www.russellalexander.com