Vegas Stronger Begins Offering FREE Haircuts for Clients
Self-Care and Looking Presentable is an Important Part of the Process of Recovery
Las Vegas, NV – September 29, 2022 – Vegas Stronger, a non profit whose mission is to help eradicate opioid addiction through treatment in Las Vegas and get homeless off the streets and into treatment, is pleased to announce today that they have begun offering free haircuts to all of their clients via their partnership with Sober Salon. The haircuts are available every second Wednesday of the month for Vegas Stronger clients.
“Self-care has been defined as the process of taking care of oneself with behaviors that promote health and active management of illness when it occurs,” said Dave Marlon, Founder and President of Vegas Stronger. “It so crucial that our patients feel confident and able to go out into the world, and if a fresh haircut is one of the things that helps, we are happy to provide that.”
Self-care is 1 of the 13 core elements that are provided at Vegas Stronger to help those who struggle with addiction and homelessness.
The 13 Core Elements include:
13 CORE ELEMENTS
1. Counseling - Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP), Outpatient Program (OP), individual counseling, family counseling
2. Medication-Assisted Treatment
3. Case Management
4. Drug Testing
5. Primary Care Provider
6. Housing Assistance (referral)
7. Spirituality (church, spiritual mentoring, prayer and/or meditation)
8. Peer Support
9. Recovery Meetings
10. Salon Services
11. Fitness Services
12. Nutritional services
13. Service to Others (Volunteerism)
Other services include:
14. Outreach booth at the Courtyard Homeless Resource Center
15. Counseling at HELP of Southern Nevada
16. Drug tests to Mission High School
17. Restoring Rancho Project extended to El Cortez Hotel and Casino and Circa Resort and Casino.
18. Bicycle ministry
19. New shoes program
20. Outreach to hospitals, sober living homes, urgent care facilities, and recovery groups.
21. Women’s group / Dr. Bradley and Nyla Christian
If you know someone who wants to donate their services and provide haircuts at Vegas Stronger, please contact Vegas Stronger.
If you are or someone you know is experiencing homelessness or substance abuse, contact Vegas Stronger, we can help.
About Vegas Stronger
Vegas Stronger is a unique Non-Profit Organization 503(c)(3) focused on reversing the devastation caused to our community by the opiate epidemic and addiction. Our out-of-the box approach helps anyone afflicted, regardless of their race, socio-economic status, or housing situation, in an outpatient facility. We offer more than just traditional groups and are a growing facility with a sober boxing gym, coffee shop, bookstore, bicycle mission, and our customized “13 Core Elements Method.”
We facilitate that restoration to wholeness for individuals, families, and society at large, by creating awareness and providing access to both state-of-the-art and historically reliable remedies. Our services cater to all suffering from the depths of addiction. In many instances, residential rehab is not a viable or financial option.